Ofcom’s online safety supervision director has been suspended after anti-Israel comments were posted on her private Instagram account. Fadzai Madzingira was appointed by media watchdog Ofcom in June 2023 and has now been suspended. Screengrabs published by the Guido Fawkes website appeared to show posts from Ms Madzingira’s account describing Israel as an “apartheid state” and liking a post criticising Israel and the UK for a “vile colonial alliance”. An Ofcom spokesperson said: “Having reviewed these comments we’ve suspended this colleague, pending further investigation.” It comes after the attack by Hamas on Israel on October 7 and the subsequent military retaliation. More than 2,750 Palestinians are reported to have been killed and 9,700 wounded since the fighting erupted, and more than 1,400 Israelis have died, the vast majority civilians killed in the October 7 assault, while the country’s military said that at least 199 hostages had been taken to Gaza. Get the latest news sent straight to your messages by joining our WhatsApp community today. You’ll receive daily updates on breaking news as well as the top headlines across Scotland. No one will be able to see who is signed up and no one can send messages except the Daily
Read More
Ofcom director suspended after posting about Israel on Instagram – Daily Record

Ofcom director suspended after posting about Israel on Instagram – Daily Record