The tech-infused TGL golf league led by Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy lost a marquee player Thursday when Masters champion Jon Rahm decided to remove himself from the 24-man roster. The announcement comes as TGL has spent the week revealing the format and details of the 15-hole team matches, team names and which players are being assigned to various cities. “I am sad to confirm that I will not be participating in the first TGL season,” Rahm posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. “While I still think it’s a great opportunity, right now it would require a level of commitment that I can’t offer.” Rahm’s image recently was removed from TGL’s website, sparking queries about his involvement. “Jon is one of the most talented players in the game and we will miss him during the inaugural TGL season,” the league said in a statement. “We understand that players have to balance a lot of different facets of their professional and personal lives and respect Jon’s choice and wish him well.” TGL said it would name a replacement to the roster. Atlanta Drive GC announced Justin Thomas as the first player assigned to one of the six teams. Boston Common GC earlier this week announced its
Read More










