The founder of right-wing nonprofit Project Veritas says he’s out, blaming the organization’s board.“So currently, I have no job at Project Veritas,” James O’Keefe said in the video posted on Vimeo. “I have no position here based upon what the board has done. So I’m announcing to you all that today on President’s Day, I’m packing up my personal belongings.”He was reportedly put on leave from his role as chairman earlier this month following numerous complaints from staff in an internal memo. It detailed behavior called “outright cruel” by staffers who signed it, according to the Daily Beast.FILE – In this Sept. 1, 2015, file photo, James O’Keefe, President of Project Veritas Action, waits to be introduced during a news conference at the National Press Club in Washington. (Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP)A post on Project Veritas’ website appeared to dispute O’Keefe’s account.“Even with all of this public fallout, the Board still wants to speak with James. We did not fire him, nor do we want him to resign,” read a statement attributed to the board of directors.“We would like to continue conversations with James to resolve internal matters rather than litigate them publicly.”Breaking NewsAs it happensGet updates on the coronavirus pandemic
Read More












